Technological advances and global competition have changed the nature of work. Jobs today require high-tech knowledge and advanced technical skills. Work and learning will be integral parts of your life as you pursue your personal pathway to success.
Study, Plan, and Prepare for Life After High School
Career and Technical Education provides you with the technical skills and academic knowledge you will need to prepare for life after high school—future employment and/or a successful transition to post-secondary education.
- Prepare for your future by exploring careers and
- Acquire job specific skills through
- Technical training,
- Hands-on learning and participation in
- Work-based learning activities. While obtaining
- Advanced technical training
- You can receive college credit while in high school,
- Saving you time and money.
Career and Technical Education programs have strong ties to business and industry. These partnerships will allow you to step out of the classroom into the real world, where you can gain a better understanding of the job skills required for your career. These programs are often short-term, hands-on, and cover a broad range of subjects. As you participate in CTE and Career Pathways you will acquire the skills necessary for entry into well-paid careers with:
- High potential for rapid financial growth
- Increased levels of responsibility and a
- High degree of personal satisfaction