Utah FFA: We BELIEVE!
BY: MORGAN PETERSON, FFA STATE REPORTER
During October 17-23, 2011, nearly 54,000 FFA members flooded the streets of Indianapolis, Indiana for the 84th National FFA Convention. Three-hundred and fifty Utah FFA Association members, advisors, and guests attended the convention to compete and enjoy what the convention had to offer. This year our association was pleased to send another delegate bringing our total to six.
The Utah FFA Association was very well represented this year by all of our members competing in Career Development Events at the national level. The results are as follows:
- Agricultural Communications: Gold Ranking, 2nd place in the nation, Jason Averett, Logan Jones, Taylor Hill, Darryl Barnes, and Christina Nolasco, Springville FFA.
- Agricultural Issues: Bronze Ranking, Riverton FFA.
- Agricultural Mechanics: Gold Ranking, Lone Peak FFA.
- Agricultural Sales: Bronze Ranking, Bear River FFA.
- Agronomy: Silver Ranking, Uintah FFA.
- Creed Speaking: Bronze Ranking, Sarah Draper, Box Elder FFA.
- Dairy Cattle Evaluation: Silver Ranking, Fremont FFA.
- Dairy Foods: Silver Ranking, Morgan FFA.
- Environmental and Natural Resources: Bronze Ranking, Sky View FFA.
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Bronze Ranking, Travis Cann, South Summit FFA.
- Farm Business Management: Silver Ranking, Morgan FFA.
- Floriculture: Silver Ranking, Delta FFA.
- Food Science and Technology: Silver Ranking, Pleasant Grove FFA.
- Forestry: Bronze Ranking, Lehi FFA.
- Horse Evaluation: Silver Ranking, Fremont FFA.
- Job Interview: Silver Ranking, Maryann Rowley, Payson FFA.
- Livestock Evaluation: Silver Ranking, Manila FFA.
- Meats Evaluation and Technology: Bronze Ranking, Wasatch FFA.
- Parliamentary Procedure: Silver Ranking, Uintah FFA.
- Poultry Evaluation: Bronze Ranking, Payson FFA.
- Prepared Public Speaking: Bronze Ranking, McKena Woolstenhulme, South Summit FFA.
Additional Utah FFA winners and awards included:
- Agriscience Fair, Division Three, Botany: Ashley Rigby and Alexa Swain, Lehi FFA
- Seventy-six American FFA degree recipients
- Membership growth recognition
- Six National Proficiency Award finalists
- Seven National Chapter Awards
|Mt Nebo FFA||
|Spanish Fork FFA||
Congratulations to all of our contest participants!
This year we also had the privilege to have a national officer candidate, Amberley Snyder, of Spanish Fork FFA, make it past the first cut. Amberely is the first Utah candidate to make it past the cut in several years. We are very proud of her accomplishment.
Like Utah FFA members on Facebook.