Fully engage in the Student Education Occupation Plan (SEOP) process with your teen.
- Students who have a meaningful SEOP see their courses as relevant to their lives.
- An SEOP conference is a great opportunity to –
- Help your teen discover their skills, talents, and career interests.
- Encourage your teen to explore a variety of occupations, especially new/emerging and nontraditional.
- Support your teen’s participation in firsthand work experiences like job shadows, internships, apprenticeships and cooperative work experiences.
- Assure that your teen takes advantage of opportunities to learn technology.
- The Utah Major's Guide is one resource where students can find information on post-secondary training in any of the Career Pathways. In addition to discovering where programs are offered, students can review descriptions of the programs and majors and find out more about the colleges in Utah.
- Take advantage of all the information and other resources available from Utah’s career information system.